- River of Fire, River of Water: An Introduction to the Pure Land Tradition of Shin Buddhism, by Taitetsu Unno (Doubleday, 1998)
- Shin Buddhism: Bits of Rubble Turn into Gold, by Taitetsu Unno (Doubleday, 2002)
- Ocean: An Introduction to Jodo-Shinshu Buddhism in America, by Kenneth Tanaka (WisdomOcean Publications, 1997)
- Heart of the Shin Buddhist Path: A Life of Awakening, by Takamaro Shigaraki (Wisdom Publications, 2013)
- Buddhism of the Heart: Reflections on Shin Buddhism and Inner Togetherness, by Jeff Wilson (Wisdom Publications, 2009)
- Strategies for Modern Living: A Commentary with the Text of the Tannisho, by Alfred Bloom (Numata Center for Buddhist Translation and Research, 1992)
- The Center Within by Gyomay M. Kubose. Heian International, Inc. 1986.
- Everyday Suchness: Buddhist Essays on Everyday Living by Gyomay M. Kubose.. (Dharma House Publicatons, 2008)