IT’S 2020, TIME TO RENEW OR APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP AND TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE TEMPLE.
You can join or renew on-line by going to the ‘Jodo Shinshu’ page and click on ‘Membership’. You can also print out the application form on this page and mail it to the Toronto Buddhist Church along with payment, or call 416.534.4302 and we would be happy to help you.
It is that time again to approach you and remind you to renew or apply for your membership for 2020. We are hoping to continue to have a strong membership. We know there are still some who have not applied for membership or have forgotten to submit the membership application with your membership fee. We hope that 2019 members will renew their memberships for 2020 and continue to support the Temple.
The future of the Temple depends on our members so we need you to take the time or remember to submit your application and membership fee.
We continue trying to improve the benefits of being a member of the Temple, here are a few reasons why a membership is valuable:
1. Most importantly, as a member you will have the right to vote on all important matters affecting the Temple, such as the election of the President and the Directors, the approval of budgets and all significant matters affecting the future of the Temple.
2. As a member you are subscribing to the Jodo Shinshu values of the Temple.
3. As a member you are entitled to free notarial services offered by one of our Temple members.
4. As a member you are entitled to a discount on premium-level CAA memberships.
5. As a member you will be entitled to attend special Temple activities free of charge or at rates not available to non-members.
Regular memberships are valid from January 1 to December 31 each year, so we ask that those wishing to be recognized as a Temple member complete the application form as early as possible at the start of each year. Once your signed application and membership fee (minimum of $135.00) or your promise to pay the total fee by May 31 have been received, your membership card will be sent to you.
Honorary Membership Cards will be issued to all members 77 years of age and over who sign up for the year 2020, or if already an Honorary Member, he or she must confirm in each year his or her wish to continue Honorary Membership. Honorary Members do not need to pay any annual membership fees, although all donations are welcome. Membership card will be issued once only.