The Toronto Buddhist Church’s mission is to lead the change in the generational and ethnic make-up of the temple in a thoughtful, dynamic and relevant manner.
To help us accomplish that, we’re excited to bring on an OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR to work with us on a permanent basis for four (4) days per week at 30 hours per week (tentative – subject to change)
As our OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR, a typical day with us would look like this:
- Using your keen attention to detail, you will capably and confidently manage key aspects of the temple’s finances – including donations, accounting, bookkeeping, and payroll. This is a huge responsibility, so we hope you’re up for it!
- In addition, there are numerous other administrative responsibilities that will fill your day too – including ordering supplies, updating the website on a moment’s notice, and more. And be prepared for last minute requests!
This job is for you if:
● You feel a strong connection to our faith, or have a sincere interest in learning more about it
● You’re the type of person who thrives as a team player in a small and casual environment(team of 3), with minimal supervision
● You’re a self starter who makes the most of every minute, and can prioritize tasks andpriorities like a pro
● You’re responsive with a strong sense of urgency – you know what’s important, what needsimmediate attention, and you’re committed to getting it done
● You love numbers and detail oriented work – even if it’s routine and repetitive sometimes
● You’re willing to learn new skills to support your job, and can get up to speed quickly
● You can get along with, and manage the expectations of, many different people and personalities.
The education, skills and experience you bring to the table include:
● Minimum High School diploma
● MS Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint – minimum 2 years
● Web publishing – adding/editing content, working with images, posting pages – minimum 1year
● Experience working with Donarius is a strong asset
● Payroll (Ceridian Powerpay), Accounting, Bookkeeping (QuickBooks) – minimum 2 years
● Customer Service – minimum 1 year
● Working in a small office/not for profit organization – minimum 1 year
● Training/certification in Standard First Aid (CPR C/AED) or Emergency First Aid (CPR A/AED). (we are willing to train)
Other important details:
● Tentative start date is Tuesday, August 3, 2021
● Working on Sundays is mandatory, starting in September. The initial schedule for August will be Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and one other weekday to be confirmed.
● The salary for this position is $32,666 gross per annum (based on 30 hours/week). Healthbenefits are also included in the compensation package.
● You must be legally authorized to work in Canada
● The ability to speak, write and read Japanese is considered a strong asset
● Knowledge of, or sincere interest in, Jodo Shinshu Buddhism, its doctrines, customs, ritualsand terminology, is highly desired
● During the COVID-19 pandemic, a hybrid work arrangement may be considered once the initial on-site onboarding and training period has ended. Once the pandemic is over, an on-site presence is required at all times.
How to apply:
In addition to your CV, tell us briefly in a covering letter why this is the job for you, and why you’re the perfect hire for us!
Send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities,people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. We thank all applicants, however, only those we wish to call in for an interview will be contacted. Deadline for receiving your CV and covering letter is Sunday, July 11, 2021